With countless theatres, live music venues and an abundance of creative and fresh bars and clubs, Brisbane’s nightlife and entertainment scenes promise to keep you enthralled.
Brisbane offers a choice of world-class performance spaces with state-of-the-art production facilities which are continuously hosting some of the best entertainment, live theatres and shows in Australia.
- Queensland Performing Arts Theatre – Cnr Grey and Melbourne St, South Bank
- Brisbane Powerhouse – 119 Lamington St, New Farm
- La Boite at the Roundhouse Theatre – 6 Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove
- Bille Brown Studio – 78 Montague Rd, South Brisbane
- Brisbane Arts Theatre – 210 Petrie Terrace, Petrie Terrace
- Judith Wright Centre – 2/420 Brunwick St, Fortitude Valley
- Twelfth Night Theatre – 4 Cintra Rd, Bowen Hills
- The Tivoli – 52 Costin St, Fortitude Valley
- QUT Gardens Theatre – 2 George St, Brisbane
- Metro Arts Theatre – 109 Edward St, Brisbane
Brisbane’s Underground Bars
Go underground this winter and check out some of Brisbane’s underground bars that are spread throughout Brisbane CBD and the suburbs. They may be hidden beneath the hustle and bustle of the city but they are the finest selection of bars and eateries in Brisbane.
There are plenty to choose from:
- Grape Therapy Merchants & Drinking Den at 471 Adelaide Street
- Verve Restaurant & Cider House in the Metro Arts Building in Edward Street
- The Walrus Club hidden beneath the Regatta Hotel
- Brooklyn Standard tucked away in Eagle Lane
- Greaser basement bar at 294 Brunswick Street
Brisbane Outdoor & Rooftop Bars
Queensland has year-round good weather and it’s worth making the most of the great outdoors during your stay in Brisbane. Try:
- Elixir Rooftop Bar on Ann St has a fresh, holiday feel with concrete slab tables, plenty of tropical greenery and a water feature.
- Up on Constance – 20 Constance St
- Limes Rooftop – 142 Constance St
- Eleven – 757 Ann St
For something with a grungier feel, Ric’s Bar will welcome you with a young crowd, alternative music and cheap drinks. Step into its big backyard and feel like you’re at a friend’s house.
Alfred & Constance is a local favourite, featuring three themed bars using two Queenslander-style homes with a deck flowing between them.
Otherwise there are the twinkly fairy-light lit beer gardens of the Pig ‘n’ Whistle, The Wickham or Beach Burrito.
Nightclubbing in The Valley
Want to boogie the night away? You will be spoilt for choice for night life in and around Fortitude Valley with 38 bars, pubs and nightclubs in the area.
Choose from a range of styles from sophisticated clubs, chic bars or grungy and offbeat speakeasys. Live music thrives and internationals DJs are drawn to the clubs and trendy bars.
Dance the night away at dance clubs such as The Met with three dance floors or to live funky bands at The Press Club. Then there is the ever popular mega-club – Cloudland, filled with hanging plants and vertical gardens.
Or try some of the specialist bars such as Papa’s Jacks or Nant Whisky Bar.
On any given day you’ll find international, national and local acts at Fortitude Valley’s The Zoo, Ric’s Bar, New Globe, X&Y Bar and The Tivoli.
There is something to appeal to every age group and genre in the The Valley’s entertainment precinct.
There really is plenty of nightlife and entertainment in Brisbane. Book a ticket for a show or live performance and then book your accommodation with us here at Link Portside CLICK HERE